Fantasy football fans across the globe are eagerly anticipating the start of the 2021 NFL season. It’s that time of the year again, when football fans will gather around, discuss strategies and start placing their bets. Fantasy football is one of the most beloved and followed sporting activities with millions of fans worldwide. As a fantasy football fan, you may be familiar with the need to make informed choices when it comes to your roster. So, to help you out, we’ve compiled a list of 5 must-start fantasy footballers for week 1.
H2: The Top 5 Must-Start Footballers
1. Christian McCaffrey, Carolina Panthers (RB)
Despite suffering an unfortunate injury last season, McCaffrey is still considered one of the top fantasy football players in 2021. He has been a consistent point scorer in his previous seasons, and there is no reason to believe that this season will be any different. In his previous season, he averaged an impressive 30 points per game. McCaffrey will face the New York Jets in week 1, where we expect him to get a considerable amount of touches on the ball. Without a doubt, he is a must-start for your week 1 roster.
2. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs (QB)
If you’re looking for a quarterback to anchor your week 1 roster, look no further than Patrick Mahomes. He has been nothing but consistent for the past 3 seasons and is expected to carry on with that momentum. Mahomes will face the Cleveland Browns in week 1, and with his impressive track record, there is no doubt that he will put up impressive numbers against a Browns’ defense that isn’t exactly known for its aggressiveness.
3. Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs (WR)
Tyreek Hill is a talented wide receiver with impressive speed and agility. He is expected to be one of the top point earners for Kansas City Chiefs in week 1. With Patrick Mahomes as the quarterback, expect Hill to score big against the Cleveland Browns’ secondary, which has been known to give up big plays over the years. Hill is also expected to be the primary target for Mahomes, so expect him to get a considerable amount of targets.
4. Saquon Barkley, New York Giants (RB)
After a devastating injury last season, many fantasy football fans are holding their breath to see if Saquon Barkley can still perform at the level that he’s known for. There is no doubt that in his previous seasons, Barkley was a valuable point scorer and game-changer. He is set to play the Denver Broncos in week 1, and as his first game back from an injury, Barkley is expected to be fired up and focused to prove himself to his team and fans.
5. Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs (TE)
As one of the top tight ends in the NFL, Travis Kelce is a must-start player for week 1. With his size and speed, he poses a threat to any defense. In the past three seasons, he has been a consistently efficient player for the Chiefs, averaging 17 points per game in the previous season. He is facing the Cleveland Browns in week 1, and with the track record that these two teams have, expect a high-scoring game.
H2: Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I start players who are injured?
– It depends on the player’s injury severity and the likelihood of their return to the field. If you have other options on your roster, it may be best to bench the injured player until they’ve fully recovered.
2. How do I know which players to start for my roster?
– Research is key. Look at player statistics, team matchups, and player-to-player comparisons. You can also seek advice from fantasy football experts and online fantasy football communities.
3. Is it best to start players that are on the same team?
– It’s not necessarily the best strategy, but it can certainly pay off if both players perform exceptionally well. It’s important to consider the player’s individual strengths and weaknesses as well as the team’s overall history and performance.
4. Can I change my roster during the week?
– Yes, you can make changes to your roster up to an hour before the game starts.
5. How often should I monitor my fantasy football team?
– It’s best to check-in daily to see if there’s any news regarding your players, injuries, and team matchups. Staying updated and informed can help you make better decisions for your roster.
Start your 2021 fantasy football season off with a bang by adding these 5 must-start footballers to your week 1 roster. They are proven point scorers with a history of consistency and success. Christian McCaffrey, Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Saquon Barkley, and Travis Kelce are all players that you can rely on. As always, remember to do your research, stay up-to-date on player news, and trust your instincts when it comes to making roster moves. Best of luck to all fantasy football fans for a successful season.